Below are listed the surcharges that may apply to your shipment. Please keep in mind that the carrier may change rates and conditions for surcharges. We will do our utmost to inform you as well as possible, but unfortunately we cannot guarantee accuracy and completeness. Therefore, no rights can be derived from our information on surcharges. For insight into surcharge rates, please refer to the PostNL website.
Note: The extra costs incurred by the carrier are calculated afterwards. For this reason, surcharges are invoiced later.
Additional charges will be applied for packages that deviate disproportionately from the weight entered by the sender during the transportation process as determined by subsequent weighings. This applies to packages that are weighed higher. The packages are weighed and measured by the carrier using calibrated equipment, and this applies to the highest chargeable weight, which may be the actual or the volumetric weight.
The shipping rates presented on Parcel International's platform are included fuel surcharge.
An additional fee will be charged if a shipment is not pre-announced correctly. This fee may apply when:
- The package is not delivered to a PostNL service point on the day of booking.
- The label is damaged and/or not legible.
A surcharge is applied when:
- The package is smaller than 10x10x1cm.
- The package is larger than 100x70x58cm.
- The package weighs more than 23kg.
- The package has an unstable and/or irregular shape.
- The package contains a sticker saying "this side up" or "fragile".
- The proper packaging guidelines have not been followed.
Oversize and overweight
A surcharge will be applied when:
- The package is larger than 175x78x58cm.
- The package weighs more than 31.5kg.
PostNL applies a volume surcharge for packages larger than 50 cubic decimeters. This was implemented to counteract empty space and to maximize capacity.